Erisian Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Day Tainted Froze

4 posters

Go down

The Day Tainted Froze Empty The Day Tainted Froze

Post  Mina Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:47 am

On this sad day of June 1st, 2009 sometime before 1100 server time, our dear friend and role model Tainted froze himself for reasons unknown.

This is the place to discuss his dashing deeds, amazing raiding, and exemplary piratical abilities, in his memory.

We miss you, O Dashing Captain of Ponies!!

==========================
Quoted from the other thread:
Qilapid wrote:Tainted is now in fact banned.

I will always remember being held hostage with him and fighting over the fleet controls when he had too much rum. He was a good friend.

One time, he stole my freeze ray, threatened me with it and pulled the trigger. He was pointing it backwards.
Mina wrote:On the bright side, Tainted gave me a GBA as he left. Very Happy
the rodeo wrote:I got a hundred something rums. Anyone know where the PB went to?
Shannon wrote:He sent me two gravy guns before he left, which was funny because he won a Class 7 item off me this morning. I was miss that funny SOB!! *cries a little*
Anton Crowley wrote:but why did he do it? and why did he leave without saying goodbye? very un-Tainted like. it's a conspiracy I tell you!
Bishop wrote:Tainted always pushed the limits of of the game in his ever so Dashing Captain of Ponies type of way. I liked him and his ways. He greatly influenced how I wanted to develop my SP character. I always looked forward to reading his latest exploits.

His banning is a sore loss to the game (tho I'm guessing he engineered it). He brought a much needed light hearted quality to the game even when he was rummaging around in your cargo hold or staring down his PB at you and kept the game FUN.

You were liked, respected and you will be missed. What more could anyone ask for.

Tainted, I salute you! Good luck in all you do!

« ßishop »
Mina
Mina
Strategos
Strategos

http://myk13.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Day Tainted Froze Empty Re: The Day Tainted Froze

Post  Mina Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:36 pm

to continue, so that Tainted can see:
bullbound wrote:
Qilapid wrote:
Tainted is now in fact banned.

I will always remember being held hostage with him and fighting over the fleet controls when he had too much rum. He was a good friend.

One time, he stole my freeze ray, threatened me with it and pulled the trigger. He was pointing it backwards.
Wait...he banned himself or someone banned him? The freezing of himself was at least humorous from time to time while he built it up (although I also saw the complaints about it being an unfair way to protect himself), but I don't think he ever did it before when he was going to be in a war or with cargo out, so you could still smack him around if you wanted to.

What happened this time? Anyone know?
tainted remains wrote:nope. no one knows, and he isn't telling either. Must've really been something.
willowman wrote:My best memory of Tainted was when he reached level 35. Back then he was pushing hard to level so people couldn't just go to P&C and taunt him with cargo. I farmed like crazy, being able to get to 35 just hours before him, and when he rejoiced that no one was safe from being raided by him anymore, I was there, the first to online him at P&C:D
zaphod beeblebrox wrote:Well, those who live on the extreme edge, seem to burn up first. I wish I knew what happened. Tainted was one of my primary competitors / friends in the raider group.

I'll just keep plodding steadily towards quiet infamy, while tainted has his name written among the stars on and on the consciousness of the game.
AvaloN wrote:This is a very sad day to see one of the greatest players go... We'll miss you, Tained!
the rodeo wrote:One of? Surely you misspoke, haha.
Hawkley wrote:well darn; the nomic insanity will never be the same; We'll miss you; though I don't think you'll get a chance to see this....
Cdre McArrgh wrote:He sent me a Class VII Shield.

As for telling no one, I recall there were other occaions when we decided to leave but somethig about the game (or maybe his sister's boot in the rear) brought him back. he also made it very clear he was thinking of leaving and everytime all his friends pleaded with him not to. This time I think he decided to make it irrevocable, so he said very little and did it quickly before he could change his mind.

I'm sad to see him go, but I respect his decision.
AmoK wrote:So did anyone get that cool hat of his?
Qilapid wrote:I don't know what happened to his hat. After he checked out, his quarters got raided.

Luckily I already had his video player and giant video screen. I had "borrowed" them last week.

Also, if anyone wants it, I'll sell you his portable com unit.
Paulcd wrote:I got a DUP. We will always miss you tainty!
the rodeo wrote:I'm waiting to see who got the pb.

Call me stupid...but if he held on to it...could mean there's a glimmer of hope somewhere...
marlad wrote:Crying or Very sad
Wolfern wrote:Gonna miss getting used as a mop by the super sloop Sad
Hogan of the Harbour wrote:So THATS was why there was a Xeot-armor in my mailbox this morning... >(

It took me months of hard work until I finally had stats and equipment enough to watch Tainted splat on my hull repeately... after a lot of onlining earlier in my career...

He gave a lot of fun to the gave... he will be missed
Free2Nukeu wrote:wouldnt be here without him. thnks tainted. miss you, see you when you hatch your dastardly plan!
Mina
Mina
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Mina Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:12 pm

more.
Parade of Chaos wrote:Tainted....gone? No. This can't be! Who will be the labor to hatch my plans? Who will make me laugh hysterically whenever he is on?

*Refuses to accept this*

IMY, you are hereby charged with getting Tainted back.:nod:

*Assumes everybody in Australia knows how to find each other*
tainted remains wrote:
Laughing
Tainted's wiki page has been updated to reflect this event. Please go have a look.
kalsocky wrote:Tainted
A Star Pirates raider,
then him there was no greater.

he raided the best,
and laughed at all the rest.

he had a super sloop,
that was slightly larger then a chicken coop.

if Tainted was froze,
we would laugh a send a black rose.

but Tainted banned,
that aint so grand.

with him we had fun,
now its the end of this awful pun.

I will miss you, you Scurvy Pirate. 🍺~kalsocky
Mina
Mina
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Tainted Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:54 pm

Thanks for doing this, Mina. Smile
Tainted
Tainted
Hoplite
Hoplite

Back to top Go down

Post  Qilapid Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:49 am

I posted this in the SP forums:

----

Some people* have asked how they can help remember our lost Exile, Tainted. With his dying words, he said, "Do not let me be forgotten. Drink, pillage, and build statues and great pony-related things in my name."† In order to meet his final wishes and help out his hundreds, nay, thousands of pirate admirers, we have started the Tainted Memorial Laser Fund. Donate your lasers to myself or any Erisian Exile and we will forge a statue of Tainted from them like the System has never seen!‡ Remember, this is what Tainted would have wanted! (For Pony.)

The Day Tainted Froze 2a5djtc
Artistic rendering of the Tainted Memorial Laser Sculpture

Some proceeds may be diverted to feed his beloved Starbreeze.

* What? There were people!
† Third to last, in actuality. After that, he said, "I'm taking it all with me, suckers! Ahahahahahaha." And after that he said, "Aw crud, this PB won't come off of the Super Sl-"
‡ Well, a small-scale model has been constructed for proof of concept...
Qilapid
Qilapid
Archon
Archon

https://eris.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  InfuriatedShrew Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:11 am

I am currently writing a 'Tainted Experience' mission - hopefully will go live tonight. It's a series of 6 scenarios, and you have 3 choices to choose from for each e.g.

One of the more powerful players in the game (Mr Awesome) has some cargo out - not a lot you admit, but that's not the point; no-one is immune from your wrath! Naturally you raid him, and in retalliation he puts you in the SY. This is a natural and common cycle in your life, and and understandable reaction to a raid, and besides you needed some coolant and the SY bar serves the best around, so it's fine.

However, as Mr A is delivering his coup de gras you can't help but notice that he's got his t-shirt on inside out. Now, being the fashion conscious pirate that you are you point this out to him, but he says that he just doesn't care! You can't stand pirates who don't look after their appearance - after all, if one pirate looks scruffy then it reflects badly on all self respecting pirates and encourages negative stereotypes.

What do you want to do about it?

Choices are;
1. Let it ride. You'll get over the t-shirt eventually, and it's not worth the hassle
2. Bow down to the pirate's greatness, pleading for forgiveness
3. Announce in the SB that you wll give prizes to whoever raids Mr A for the next hour or so, no matter how little for.

It accumulates your 'Tainted rating' as you go through, then gives you a final verdict.

It's hosted by a cowled figure (which is supposed to be Tainted in disguise), there are ponies sprinkled about, and if you get full marks you'll meet and Unknown Doom Station (because Tainted doesn't want the competition!)

Will post all the scenarios and cotent here when I've finished it so Tainted can see it all Smile
InfuriatedShrew
InfuriatedShrew
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Mina Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:54 am

from the SB earlier:
Tainted Remains on June 03 2009 11:21:03
~! what have I done to deserve the honour, chief?
Chief WhiskeyJ on June 03 2009 11:22:16
~! Slander! Lies! .. None of which apply here.. I did it, so it's true.
Chief WhiskeyJ on June 03 2009 11:23:25
~! Tainted, I saw your name in the SB and had the energy.. so I zapped you. El Diablo made me do it.
apt142 on June 03 2009 11:24:25
~! Your name has tainted in it. Should there be any other reason?
Chief WhiskeyJ on June 03 2009 11:25:29
~! Wait.. that's not THE Tainted.. just some poor innocent? Nuts.. *makes restitution*
Tainted Remains on June 03 2009 11:26:05
~! except, of course, that I am not the Dashing Captain.
Starlock on June 03 2009 11:26:48
~! She ain't innocent. *grins*

admin256 on June 03 2009 11:25:39
~! Tainted2 (aka Rayvenx) you are banned.
Jayne on June 03 2009 11:26:11
~! *Dives into bunker and watches the banhammer through a periscope*
Kelsek on June 03 2009 11:26:50
~! Yes! I said it was Rayvenx! I can still call them with the best of them
admin256 on June 03 2009 11:27:06
~! If anyone happens to know Rayvenx personally, there are some very good online mental health resources. Please connect him with them (no joke). Thank you.
Marcus Dranz on June 03 2009 11:27:20
They don't use banhammers in space... In space, there is only... THE BAN CANNON.
nekkid on June 03 2009 11:34:28
~! there is a fine line between love and obsession Bun Bun
Tainted Remains on June 03 2009 11:34:32
~! I didn't say I'd bring him back...that would be rude. I'll just be channeling his spirit
Tainted Remains on June 03 2009 11:34:48
~! nekkid: I cross it!
Chief WhiskeyJ on June 03 2009 11:35:48
~! Just remember that to channel his spirit you need a converter box since his spirit is analog and the new Mediums are all digital these days.
Starlock on June 03 2009 11:36:01
~! Okay, is Mina startin' to scare anyone else?
Somnus Eternus on June 03 2009 11:36:34
~! Mina's snapped. It's all over now.

rofl.
Mina
Mina
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content